Build your own Mini-Drone!
It is fun to fly a drone, but it is even more enjoyable to fly a drone that you built! This workshop is open to all aged 8 years or above, parents are welcome to join to enjoy a family day together.
Building your own mini-drone is the best way to understand the mechanics behind the machine, and allows your kids to master the skills of flying before investing in a more expensive one. Please note that you will need an Android phone or tablet to operate the drone.
感受自己製作的無人機在空中上飛行！ 2017年2月4日，我們在油塘有一個小型無人機製作工作坊。工作坊合適8歲以上的朋友，當然我們歡迎父母一同加入，享受美好家庭的時光。建立小型無人機是了解機械原理的最佳途徑，讓您的孩子掌握飛行技巧。參加者需要自備 androids 平板電腦或手機作無人機的遙控。
Participants will learn the following at this workshop:
- Basic components of a mini-drone
- Putting together all the parts
- Flashing the Microcontroller (MCU) with an open source flight controller software
- Setting the basic parameters/tuning of the flight controller
- Connecting to the mini-drone via android app
- Basic safety checklist
- FLYING IT
Specifications of Mini Drone:
- STM32 based Flight Controller MCU with MPU6050 (Accelerometer/Gyro) and HMC5883L (Magnetometer/Compass)
- HC-05 (Arduino Bluetooth Module)
- 4x 7mm Brushed Motors
- 2x Clockwise Propellers
- 2x Counter Clockwise Propellers
- 1x 3.7v 380mAh Lithium Polymer Battery
- 1x USB Battery Charger Cable
*Please note that the mini-drone is controlled by an Android app, participants need to bring their own Android smartphone or tablet to the workshop
- Location: MakerBay Yau Tong
- Age Limit: 8-years-old or above
- Language: English, supplemented with Cantonese
- Duration: Approximately 3 hours
- Max number of participating family: 6
*Fee include 1 drone per family. Participants can take the drone home at the end of the class!
Taught by Ken Chew
Share this Product