Today we built and tested our latest prototype for our #Coral #Reef #Mapping #Robot.
“V Ladder”: Simplification towards more efficiency. 5 underwater cameras to take thousands of pictures, create high-resolution maps, and train our AI to classify coral. it’s a simplification from last week “Delta Force” that had a triangular chassis. Oh, and pretty important, it’s got FPV (you can see underwater remotely in real-time).
We think we have the final design: “the ladder” form! Easy to maneuver, transport, fabricate… Modular, extendable, packable… The Research phase is mostly done, now development, optimization, and product design.
- Aluminum rigidity, flexibility, strength at 19mm diameter. 25mm diameter might be better. Moderate Flexibility is good
- One person operation
- Thrust is good underwater
- Faster setup
- Stability is good
- One engine did not go!
- The camera needs to be deeper and blacked out
- The camera and brain needs to be cooled
- In reverse cables get wet(short circuit)
- Better, faster attachments for tubes
- Better attachments for tubes, rudders, to stay vertical
- Set tubes further apart for more stability
- Cesar Jung-Harada
- Michael O’Brien
- Brad O’Dell
- Mathis Buchbinder
- Sanjeew Kanagaraj
- Priyank Sharma
- Aidina Tleugabyl
- Rama Adiputra
- Michael Tang
- Thanks to Duy Huynh, Emma Wong, Walter Dellisanti, Roberto Pirelli
- Music: Massage by Skygaze
Organization: https://www.makerbay.netProject Documentation: https://github.com/MakerBay/Coral_Reef_Mapping_Drone