Last Updated: 29/12/2020
MakerBay and its associated companies (collectively,”Our Company”) respect your privacy and will collect, use and process your personal data in accordance with this Personal Data Privacy Statement and the requirements under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the”Ordinance”). You shall read this Personal Data Privacy Statement carefully so as to ensure that you fully and clearly understand the contents herein.
Collection of Personal Data Statement
1. Our Company may collect your personal data in several ways whenever Our Company provides the Services to you, and will use and process your personal data for the purposes described in this Personal Data Privacy Statement. If Our Company wishes to use and process your personal data for any other purpose, Our Company will further provide you with the relevant information on that other purpose and will obtain your consent before using and/or processing such information. The Services shall mean the media platform(s) (including Our Company’s website, MakerBay (“Our Website”)), application(s) (including mobile device application), e-paper, software, membership registration/registered user, personalization services, classified post, promotion, games and/or any other products/services provided by Our Company.
2. Whenever you use the Services, which may include access to Our Website, use or download of any downloadable software or submission of contents via Our Website, you are deemed to have read this Personal Data Privacy Statement and agree to allow Our Company to collect, use and/or process your personal data in accordance with this Personal Data Privacy Statement.
3. Our Company will collect your personal data which includes your name, email address, valid HKID card number (or valid passport number), data of birth, age, occupation, contact phone number, residential address.
Purpose of collection and use of personal data
4. Our company will collect your personal data for the following purposes (or any one of them):
4.1 provision of the Services to you and administration and management of the Services to you;
4.2 processing the application for membership or registered user and administration of the members’ /registered users’ account;
4.3 identifying and verifying your identity to ensure that you have the right to use the Services;
4.4 conducting follow-up and handling all the matters in relation to the Services, such as contact, enquiry and complaint;
4.5 carrying out promotion and providing you with new information and other information (including notifying you Our Company’s goods/services);
4.6 conducting survey, data analysis or carrying out research to enable Our Company to understand your or other users’ needs, upgrading or improving the quality of Services, business development and customization of the Services;
4.7 investigation of complaints or claims;
4.8 registration and administration of the promotional activities, games or competition conducted by Our Company alone or together with other third party;
4.9 consolidation of other information to carrying out analysis for exploring business opportunities or introducing the Services to any potential business partner, advertiser or third party and all the related purposes;
4.10 prevention and detection of crime and for disclosure or assistance in accordance with the legal (such as court order) or regulatory authority requirement or for meeting our Company’s obligation to comply with any law, regulation, rule or court order within the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (“Hong Kong”) existing currently and in the future;
4.11 all other matters in relation to the daily operation of Our Company, including but not limited to ensuring the Services are in normal operation, improving the safety and reliability of the Services or technology problem and meeting our Company’s obligations arising from or in connection with the provision of the Services;
4.12 protection of Our Company’s interest and for all the matters in relation to the above-mentioned purposes.
5. Whenever you are requested by Our Company to provide your personal data, you have the right to decide as to whether you should provide your personal data to Our Company but are not obliged to do so. If you do not provide Our Company with the requested information or if the information provided by you is inadequate or inaccurate, Our Company may not be able to provide you with the Services and you may be unable to enjoy the Services.
Disclosure/Transfer of Personal Data
6. Our Company will not sell your personal data to any third party, but Our Company will disclose or transfer your personal data to MakerBay and its subsidiaries or associated companies for provision of the Services and/or direct marketing purpose.
Our Company may use your personal data for direct marketing, but Our Company will not use your personal data for direct marketing unless and until you consents (or indicate that you have no objection) thereto. However, if you do not wish Our Company to use your personal data for direct marketing, please make a written request by email to [email protected].
Our Company will keep your personal data in secret, and will erase personal data which is no longer necessary for the purposes for which they are to be used.
Your membership account or other registered account are password-protected and you are solely responsible for the security of your login password and the information contained in the account. Our Company will not, without your prior consent, ask for your login password via telephone or email, and you should not disclose your login password to any third party. In addition, you are reminded that you shall sign out of your account and close the window of the browser after using the Services so as to prevent others from having access to your personal data.
Our Company shall comply with the requirements under the Ordinance, and shall endeavour to maintain the security and confidentiality of your personal data. However, if you are under 18 (or person under disability incapable), you shall not provide your personal data to Our Company unless and until you have obtained your parent’s or guardian’s consent.
Access to, correction or erasure of personal data
You have the right to access to, request for correction/rectification or erasure of your personal data. Any request shall be made in writing to Our Company’s data protection officer at [email protected] In any event, you have the right to refer any complaint to the relevant authority or to make enquiry with your own solicitors.
For question or enquiry about this Personal Data Privacy Statement, please contact Our Company’s data protection officer and email to: [email protected].
If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English version and the Chinese version of this Personal Data Privacy Statement, the English version shall prevail.
All information and content contained in this website are provided solely for general information and reference purposes. MakerBay makes no statement, representation, warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of the information and content contained in this website.
Neither MakerBay nor any of its related company accepts any responsibility or liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage (whether in tort, contract or otherwise) which may be suffered or occasioned by any person howsoever arising due to any inaccuracy, omission, misrepresentation or error in respect of any information and content provided by this website (including any third-party websites accessed by hyperlinks through this website.)
If there is any inconsistency between the English and Chinese versions of this Disclaimer, the English version shall prevail.
The contents contained in this website are copyright protected. Except with the prior written permission of MakerBay and/or other relevant copyright owner, no person may download, duplicate, reproduce, edit, publish, make available or disseminate through whatever means this website or any content contained in whole or in part.
If there is any inconsistency between the English and Chinese versions of this Copyright Statement, the English version shall prevail.