Dear MakerBay Community, we have some big news!
We got the keys! MakerBay headquarters are moving – again! Not far from its current location, MakerBay is moving to another part of Tsuen Wan, closer to Tsuen Wan West MTR.
We are very excited to give you a glimpse and invite you all to move with us! We want to know what’s your dream makerspace, and design and build it together! We’re about to break the ground and discussing with contractors – but there is still a lot to figure out!
- This is our OLD address: 23 Mei Wan Street, Tsuen Wan
- This is our NEW address: Flat C, Floor 7, Tsuen Tung Factory Building, 38-40 Chai Wan Kok St, Chai Wan Kok, Tsuen Wan: See it on google maps: https://goo.gl/maps/WnqJ3VGjo9CWTPsB7
We’ve been very busy trying to dream up the space design! But that work cannot be completed without having an open discussion with you all – the Maker Community! We even have a 3D file you can view in 3D in the browser (without downloading anything), and you can download the 3D file, and go ahead and edit it – in the open source way! Community Design! Please fork the current design and propose ideas to make it better! There will be opportunity to volunteer on the construction and the moving if you want a good workout!
So to get you involved, let us pencil this timeline as an invitation to you!
- 2022/Jul/28 (Thu) 14:00 – 16:00: meetup at MakerBay OLD location and online for community discussion about NEW location design – open to all: http://bit.ly/cesarzoom
- 2022/Aug/13 (Sat) 11:00-18:00: Big sale of MakerBay’s tools and materials at the OLD location
- Early Sep 2022: MakerBay re-opening party! Details and invitation will be sent later.
This is the opportunity to design and build together Hong Kong’s most exciting creative space.
In the last few years, MakerBay’s activities have changed a lot, and we want to know what YOU want to do – and how we can partner 🙂
Please join us!