At this Metalwork Induction Class, you will learn how to operation the following metalwork machines:
Abrasive Saw (Chop Saw)
You will be taught how to operate these machines safely. At the end of the class, if you pass the assessment of the instructor, you will be allowed to use the above metalwork machines at our workshop. No prior metalwork experience is required for this induction class.
Approx. 2 hrs
Age Limit: 16 or above
Wear long pants, close-fitted shirt (avoid loose clothing as they might get caught by the machines)
Wear closed-toe non-slip shoes (no sandals)
Tie up long hair and avoid loose accessories
We recommend you to bring extra clothes to change into as it might get dusty
Enrollment: book your class here
- MakerBay reserves the right to reschedule or cancel an enrollment at any time due to the class size of less than a minimum of 3 students per class.
- MakerBay reserves the right to change the class instructor for courses or individual private lessons as deemed appropriate or necessary. MakerBay is not required to provide prior notice for such arrangements.
- Requests to switch courses or skip course levels will be subject to MakerBay’s assessment and course availability.
- For classes cancelled due to unexpected public health warnings, i.e. swine flu, MakerBay will try to accommodate the majority with makeup classes but with no guarantee.
- Classes will not be cancelled during AMBER or RED rainstorm signal.
- For classes cancelled due to severe weather conditions, such as Typhoon 8 or above, or BLACK rainstorm signal, MakerBay will try to make accommodate the majority with no guarantee.
- Classes will not be cancelled if weather signals for Typhoon 8 or Black Rain are lowered four hours before the scheduled start time of the class