- Date: Sunday June 11th or 25th 2017
- Time: 3 PM – 5 PM
- Address: MakerBay, 16 Sze Shan Street, C1 Yau Tong Industrial Building Block 2, Yau Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- Age: +14. Kids can join but must be accompanied by an adult.
- Number of participants: 15 per session
- Prerequisites: Eagerness to learn. Basic understanding of electronics would be a plus.
- Language: English
- Fee: Free (the optional take home kit will cost HKD 80 per person)
- Tickets & register https://goo.gl/forms/Ihg7Qj75oC1ST6kf2
Combining the artistic and electronic backgrounds of Videotage and Makerbay alike, the class will focus on building draw-bots; simple robots that output art. The robots are to be constructed from readily available electronics inside a laser cut frame. Electronic components are to be joined using the “twist and tape” method, allowing users to solder their connections or modify the circuit as their interest and skills progress.
At the end of the workshop, participants will have their pieces of art to take home and those who wish to keep the draw-bot, can pay an addition of HKD 80 for the kit.
In this workshop, you will learn basic electronics, laser cutting, digital fabrication and their use for art as well as engineering.
- Event website https://www.facebook.com/events/1701402266830762/
- VISIT US ON: VIDEOTAGE.ORG.HK
Videotage is a charitable, leading non-profit organization in Hong Kong focusing on the presentation, promotion, production & preservation of video and media art, serving artists in the expanding technological art & culture network since 1986.
T (852) 2573 1869 F (852) 2503 5978
Unit 13, Cattle Depot Artist Village, 63 Ma Tau Kok Road, To Kwa Wan, Hong Kong